I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Apr 29, 2009

Daily Memory

1994, Freshman year in college I had to share a dorm room with 4 girls and a suite with 8 in a building where all of my classes and dinning hall were contained. It sucked. But there was a little sparkle of humor in the claustrophobic atmosphere, I could look forward to a sighting of the "Racing Stripe Twins". They were two awkward and skinny redheads that were showered with freckles and only spoke to each other. Sure it's weird that siblings would be that close, but as twins, you could at least tell that if one looks terrible in something, the other one would as well. Like, if one applied their blush in stark stripes across the cheek bone, the other would say "oh dear, that is not the look for me." But as twins, I guess they were used to looking alike and when one made this mistake the other did as well.

It was exciting to catch a glimpse of them together going up the stairs, turning a corner or carrying their lunch tray in the cafeteria. They left quite an impression and I think of them to this day when I fear that I applied my blush too heavily, I think "Shit, that looks like something an R.S.T. would do."

0 important opinions: