I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Apr 27, 2009

Daily Memory

This is going to come as a shock to many of you, but I had a constant stream of teachers that just did not like me very much. Perhaps it was my quirky nature or my creative and dreamy mind, it could have also been that I did very little to make them like me. Rightly so, they were all a bunch of old biddies with sticks up their asses. I knew they didn't much care for me and this was fine. They stay on their side and I'll stay on mine and we agree to leave each other alone.

But no. I had to have one English teacher try to stick it to me. She didn't give me poor grades, or even call on me too often, she tried to get my parents to scold me instead. It worked of course because my parents were always under the impression that everything that highlighted my averageness was worth listening to. But where I pretty much lost all desire to kiss ass, or to have any faith that my parents supported me in anything, was after a parent teacher conference.

It was 8th grade, we had just moved back from London and Mrs. Whats-her-name told my parents that I had a problem concentrating in class. The reason for this was not the fact that I was not concentrating or that I was not participating or not completing assignments, it was because I wore red lipstick.

Yes boys and girls, red lipstick has a way of distracting your mind. And if you have parents like mine, they would believe this crap and then take me for a sit-down where I am told that I can no longer wear the mind distracting lipstick. Seriously, what the fuck?

But, I had my change to prove them wrong. Apparently I was very good in English and literature and once I started High School, all of my English classes and Creative Writing Classes were advanced placement. And I will have you know that I did it all in red lipstick.

1 important opinions:

Irond Will said...

Did you know that red lipstick is made with a dye that impedes brain function? It's like mercury or something. This is totally true - it's scientificThey put basically the same stuff in certain kinds of wall paint too. Makes kids stupid.