I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Feb 4, 2009

Daily Memory

Yesterday's memory of the Vuarnet tank top really got me pondering the pinch rolled jeans. I did this in 1990 and thought it was the height of knowing fashion. I would roll and re-roll them in order to get that super tight ankle and mutton chop calf look. I am not sure what my motive was for doing this other than everyone else was.

Three years ago, skinny jeans made their way via the EMO scene to appear in every store nationwide. Oh how I feared the skinny jean.I was afraid that I would be impressionable enough to be sucked in and the next thing you know, I will be pinch rolling cuffs again. I did eventually end up buying the skinny jeans and avoided the curse of the 90's. But when I saw Tom Cruise's robot wife walking about with pinch rolls and J. Crew began advertising their denim in this way, I started to sweat. Somehow they pulled it off, almost making it look good, for a heart beat I started cataloging which pairs of jeans I owned that I may too accomplish this fresh new look. I think I need an intervention.

2 important opinions:

Irond Will said...

Pinch-roll huck finns and some sperry top-siders and you're golden, baby. Finish it off with a pastel popped-collar Lacoste polo.

Irond Will said...

Also, just to be clear, that is not actually your foot.