I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Feb 3, 2009

Daily Memory

The early 90's. A time of day glow, acid wash and ankle cinched jeans. We moved back to Virginia at the beginning of the 90's, and I was desperate to know how to be cool and fit in. This attempt lasted for a year. This was the year that the only people willing to talk to me were the bible kids and I was fresh meat. But during a retreat the camp was holding, and like a social experiment, I tried to emulate the trends. I found that the standard attire for a 14 year old in 1990 was a sleeveless Vuarnet t-shirt, where the underarms are cut deep enough to be able to see the contrast colour of the sports bra underneath, and then it is capped off by a pair of Umbro soccer shorts.

I didn't even play sports. Seriously, what was I thinking? Jesus and Vuarnet? The 90's officially sucked.

0 important opinions: