I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Mar 24, 2005

I should have your job!

I'm a graphic designer and I mostly spend my time designing things for other people. There are however times where I get artwork for a job from another artist. This translates to me spending 8 hours correcting image size and colours, reconstructing poor logos and wondering how a person can remember to breath every day but doesn't send any images to use (I don't know if this make sense to people not in the design field.) Recently I got a file, I'm not saying who sent it because he does not deserve to have the job he has, and I refuse to play fix-it girl for people who suck, so we'll call him Mr. Suck. Well Mr. Suck sends the artwork, without sending artwork and he needs to create what we call "bleed" this is where the used image or colour runs over the edge of the page for 1/8th of an inch, so that when the product gets cut to size there is no white edge. We call Mr. Suck and say "Dude, how was the ride on the short bus this morning? What the fuck is this crap? This only get's me closer to wasting more of my life on dickheads who call themselves designers." So long story short, he sent files, Well yeah they are useless ofcourse but I don't have the energy to spend my time fixing what he can't do in order to keep him employed.

Venting complete.

0 important opinions: