I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Mar 25, 2005

Another competition where someone is jettisoned into reality TV obscurity


starlet-header
Originally uploaded by Frankiepancakes.
So last night after the days worth of the week long marathon of CSI on Spike ended, I turn to my next favorite past time which is flipping stations. It was very lucky that I did this or I would have missed out on the WBs version of America's Next Top Model, but instead of wannabe models, these are wannabe actresses vying for a chance to be launched into stardom by competing on a reality TV show in order to get a coveted spot on the WBs series One Tree Hill. Wait... did the record just scratch and the music has come to an end, Or did I just hear that these girls are clawing each other to death for something that is no more important than a douch commercial, does anyone over the age of 15 really give a shit about that show? However I was so pleasantly pleased by the cattyness of the girls on this show. Wow, them actresses is bitches! Seriously, when has a reality TV show launched anyone into more that 15 minutes of fame, and by fifteen minutes I really mean just that, the last fifteen minutes after a winner has been named and then it's over. Or if you're lucky enough, as in my favorite show ANTM, I think they caught on to the fact that we are still asking ourselves "Where is Yohanna?" and "Is there only The Surreal Life to fall back on?" So they removed the orange monster that is Jay Manuel and his make-up tip of the week (seriously, I received no help except a shameless plug for cheap and smelly make-up from Cover Girl) and they inserted the last winner Eva PIGford (I hope she changes her name,) you know, to proove that she is famous and actually does stuff, and by stuff, I think the only thing she does and the only thing keeping her in our minds are these stupid Tip of the Week replacements. So any way, no matter who wins this Starlet competition, no one watches OTH that really matters, and this person will forever be known as "and staring the winner of 'The Staret' Jane Doe." Do you get me?

0 important opinions: