I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Mar 26, 2009

the good, THE BAD, the ugly

I love me some fried food, it's the Southern Belle in me I guess. So last night was our Condo association meeting, where we talk about condo fees and who is bothering who. Since no one has a condo large enough, they decided to hold it in my favorite local dive bar where Pub Trivia is held. I threw back some wine in anticipation of being attacked for some odd habit we have and I wanted to make sure my nerves were calm.

I get there late, order my bartender's equivalent of a Scorpion Bowl and a basket of onion rings. I then proceed to order two more drinks and polish off the plate of fried heaven. I hang out with my neighbor telling funny stories about my childhood for a few hours and head off to bed.

Soon, my stomach begins to churn and my body begins to shake with the chills. I try to ignore this feeling by rubbing my tummy and trying to fall asleep. Well, when the first cramp came I was happy that it was just going to be a case of the squirts. Once in the bathroom, I thought it best to maybe remain near a flushing unit, so I wrapped in a robe, turned off the lights and curled up on the bath mat.

Nothing happened for a while, so I thought I was in the clear to go back to bed, but once I stood up, it was all down hill from there. There are very few involuntary actions that you body can make that are as unpleasant as horking up friend onions, but after experiencing it last night, I can say I am officially traumatized and will be looking for a different plate of food in the future.

4 important opinions:

Irond Will said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that your onion ring experience isn't what it should have been. What kind of drinks were you having?

Frankie Pancakes said...

I don't know, something mixed with ipecac and orange juice I think. Why? Do you think that had something to do with it?

Katie N. said...

!!!! What?

That's so weird -- are you feeling better today?

Frankie Pancakes said...

Yeah, but I think a layer of soft flesh in my throat melted... and all of the enamel on my teeth.