I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Jan 21, 2009

Daily memory

I don't know why exactly, but in England, you must pay for each individual ketchup packet. I think it was 5p each. At our school, we were always served fish n' chips on Fridays and you could order a double helping of fries. With this many fries you either needed to be rich to afford your favorite condiment, or learn to love them dry. But randomly and without any notice there would be free ketchup day. This came along every 4-6 weeks, and at the utensil bar would be a large salad bowl full of ketchup and a ladle so you could have as much free ketchup as you wanted. If you were lucky, you had the forethought or the hunger to have ordered a double helping of fries. I mean, you didn't know when the next time you could have this much ketchup was going to be.

2 important opinions:

oucheba said...

It's true; ketchup, brown sauce, salad dressing and vinegar. All for sale! I'd totally forgotten they made us pay.

I recall paying a friend 50p if he ate 3 sachets of ketchup.

Love your blog ... I started reading a few weeks ago.

I'm a Graphic Designer living in Cambridge, originally from the UK.

Not trying to network, just saying hi.

Frankie Pancakes said...

They also had coin operated public toilet stalls. Drop in a coin to unlock the door. It is still cheaper to pee in an alley.