I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Dec 31, 2005

A belated Christmas special

I'm a little slow on the uptake, I should have posted images from my trip to Maine for Christmas AGES ago. But due to the overwhelming feeling of not really giving a damn about the birth of "Jesus" I didn't. It's always better to arrive fashionably late, you may miss the best finger food, but you get closer to the time the whole thing is over with. So if you will just bear with me a bit, I will show you the breathtaking breathtakingness of Maine, Our forgotten state.

My mother spends most of her time in Virginia, and the rest of that in Maine where she bought a house from her brother. The good daughter that I am, I chose to spend this years holiday with her. And I didn't take any images of the actual Christmas celebration going down, but I did take images of my family's back yard, where we took our dog for the best walk of his life.

akira in snow


My Grandfather created a Christmas tree farm. That's right, a Christmas tree farm. And during the summers I would work there for my uncle who now owns the business. People, they do not grow in that shape, it takes dedicated people such as myself and the promise of $.60 an hour to wield a machete and sheer them into that shape. Better than therapy. I loved working there, wouldn't do it again, but I loved it.

trees

Lots of trees, acres and rows going on forever.

trees2

It was a creepy and foggy day, but here we have the trees. Little seedlings that from what my uncle tells me are really big with the deer population this year.

old slaughter
This is the old Slaughter house. When my grandfather owned a farm it was where they killed the chickens, they now sell you wreaths.

will trees

William on our hike. Akira dog is somewhere peeing on something.

trees3

This was the end of the world. The boundaries, if you ever get to them are just woods and nothings.

pile rocks

On our way back, we got a little lost in the white and seriously, didn't I already pass that row? Or was it that one? We came across this tower of rocks. We don't really know what it is, even after my other uncle who created it explained it. He's an artist, a painter to be exact, and a damn good one. He does mostly nature. I don't have any money, or enough to afford one of his pieces, but they are sureal and breathtaking. I would however fork over for a large print poster if they make them. He has no website yet. I googled him and here are the top 3 search results.

Alan Bray
alan.bray @manchester.ac.uk. Address. Room 6.6 Department of Physics and Astronomy The University of Manchester Oxford Road Manchester England ...
theory.ph.man.ac.uk/~bray/home.html - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

Knitting Circle Alan Bray
Alan Bray went to Bangor University where he took a joint degree in history and English. ... In 1970 Alan Bray joined the Gay Liberation Front (GLF) . ...
myweb.lsbu.ac.uk/~stafflag/alanbray.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Bates College | Alan Bray
A painter who studied at the Art Institute of Boston and the University of Southern Maine, Alan Bray received his master's in painting from Villa Schifanoia ...
www.bates.edu/alan-bray-painter.xml - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

I think the last one was him, but alas no images.

That pretty much sums up my trip. So I leave you with this.

snowman

Happy holidays. I'm outta here

1 important opinions:

Tracy L Gayton said...

Hey...is this Alan Bray of Sangerville? This must be Hall's Christmas Tree farm...