I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Mar 10, 2009

Daily Memory

As a child, I was either very accident prone, or the elementary school I went to was not geared to be all that concerned with the safety of a seven year old. I remember that we had a random period that came about sporadically, it usually had to do with the arts or culinary skills. Perhaps my teachers hated me because I always ended up with a knife and an onion, and later a gushing wound. It was nearly impossible for me to avoid being hurt, I even stabbed myself with the toothpick I was using to jab into a soft bean.

Well this time was going to be different, there were no onions or sharp object to break the skin, we were baking pumpkin seeds. I don’t think we even cut open the pumpkin, we just scooped out the guts and put them on a pan. Well the pan goes into the oven and later in the afternoon the seeds are ready. Well little miss fancy teacher takes the burning hot tray in her oven mitted hands and brings it around for all of us to smell and yet again, I came away scarred.

Either she held the tray too close, or I leaned in too far, or she was just angry that I wasn’t bleeding, but the edge of the try pressed against the bottom of my chin and has left me with a big scar. If this had happened 10 later, a lawsuit would have been filed, luckily I was not birthed by the boomer generation and I was left to run and fall and learn my lesson from it.

0 important opinions: