I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Apr 1, 2009

the good, the bad, THE UGLY

I've been drawing casually for about a year now, and most of it is cartoony sketches/caricatures of people. Recently, though, I've been doing some more detailed things, such as this: Octopocalypse Vs. Gorillageddon

For the record, that's the Empire State Building that the gorilla has in his hand, not a giant syringe. And the octopus has the space needle.
-New York Rock Exchange


I honestly liked it better when I thought the Robomonkey was holding a syringe and the Franken Squid had a cocktail weenie. So much for realism.

This piece of Bad Art was discovered within the pages of The Artists Corner

2 important opinions:

Irond Will said...

Sure I'd agree with this if by "bad art" you really meant "art that totally kicks ass". I mean geez - how can someone dismiss a giant ape fighting a giant kraken with landmarks as anything BUT great art?!

Frankie Pancakes said...

You forget, you date me, you obviously have no taste.