I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Mar 30, 2009

Daily Memory

Elementary school, I remember many things from this time in my life, these were definitely "the awkward years". I was not a popular girl as you can imagine. I out read my piers and was detested by my teachers for not "fitting in". But this story is not about being an outcast, it is about stage fright... and boogers.

As a child, I was very self conscious and suffered from disabling heart palpitations whenever I was forced to be the center of attention. Now, I don't remember exactly how this came about or if it was just one of those things we were forced to do for music class, but it we had to put on a musical play about the Western settlers. I still remember my one and only line "Forced to leave our possessions behind us." Everyone had one line and we all were part of the chorus.

I said my line and returned to the left side of the raised stage floor where chorus was located. I only mouthed the words which gave me plenty of time to looked ahead at the kids in the first row. Youngest students were always in the front and the eldest grades in the back. In the first row I recognized a neighbor of mine who was easily recognizable by his white-blond hair. I am staring at him, when he takes his finger and begins to put it up his nose. I am shocked that he is doing, but kids will be kids right? Oh no, that little bastard then decides to kick it up a notch. He removes what can only be described as a scientific specimen and pops it into his mouth where he then proceeded to chew it... with his mouth open.

I'm not sure how severely I ruined the play after that, but I know my involvement was swiftly concluded the moment I started to dry-heave.

0 important opinions: