I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters.

-George A. Romero-

Jan 13, 2009

Pineapple Express

Team Apatow does it again. Bringing us another "so stupid, it's funny" movie. I can stomach this type of humor more than crass and plain vulgar humor seen in Kevin Smith movies. The movie starts off slow and in a realm I know little about. I have never done pot, so I do not have an emotional bond with it, nor with anything relating to it.

So for the first 15 minutes, I had a feeling of dread that this was just going to be another movie where the writers expect that the antics of a few stoned characters will be enough to make us laugh. But soon enough, a plot revealed itself. Our main character Dale Denton who is a subpoena guy, is sent to serve Ted Jones, who unbeknown to him is a dealer and is the middle of a drug war with the "Asians" who are Korean by the way. While lighting up the infamous "Pineapple Express" blend outside Jones's house Dale witnesses Jones and a female cop murder an Asian man. Denton seeks refuge from Jones at his personal dealer's house, only to find that the "Pineapple Express" blend is so unique, they are the only two people to have received the samples. They go on the lam and from here the wacky antics ensue.

The movie is essentially pointless, and was nothing more than slapstick, but the cast is so good at what they do you can't help but love them. I found it to be an entertaining 90 minutes, but Pineapple Express will be filed away in my brain as something else I have watched, with only fuzzy recollections of the story to not forget it entirely.

3%

0 important opinions: